Below are some helpful statistics to help you realize the value of a good Disc Jockey at your wedding reception.
According to the American Disc Jockey Association:
- Disc Jockey rates vary based on talent, experience, emcee ability, service,
coordination, equipment needed, music knowledge, mixing ability and personality.
- Rates for the DJ industry vary greatly, ranging from $450.00 to $3,500.00 with an
average of $1,300.00 for a 5 hour wedding reception booking.
- A full-service disc jockey company will normally invest 12 to 30 hours in planning an
event although it may appear as if a client is only paying for “4 hours”. Consultations,
music purchasing & editing, preparation, set-up and tear-down, education and other
business related endeavors add up to the overall success of a special occasion.
Based on surveys taken by UltimateWedding.com, Modern Bride, Martha Stewart Weddings and, TheKnot.com, the following statistics dramatically stress the importance and value of quality entertainment in the modern wedding market:
- 72% of brides are using professional mobile DJ entertainers for their entertainment choice.
- 63% of the guests attending these functions do not remember what was served for dinner but do remember the entertainment.
- 4% to 6% is the amount most brides reserve for their entertainment budget.
- The average cost for a mobile entertainer for a wedding is between $500 to $2,000.
The cost is largely dependent upon the experience of the DJ, locale and specific client requests.
- The entertainment chosen for a wedding or party is responsible for 80% of the events success.
The following statistics were published in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine in 2003. Sources include: Simmons, 2001; USA Today, 2002; National Bridal Service, 2001; The Knot, 2002; Brides Magazine, 2001:
AFTER THE VOWS…
- 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
- Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is their attire, followed by the reception site and caterer – reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have
made the entertainment their highest priority!
- When asked, 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment.
- 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding, said, if they had it to do over again, they would have chosen a Disc Jockey.
Entertainment is 5-10% of your Wedding Budget, but MORE THAN TWICE as many guests will remember your entertainment more than anything else!
Yes, your gown, food, and everything else are very important…but, the selection of Music & Entertainment can determine the success of your event. Steel City DJ can guarantee your guests will stay after dinner to party. The Photographer & Videographer will have something to shoot, and your guests will stay long enough to really remember not only your gown, but everything else!